Sauna treatments are considered to be one of the oldest health and wellness practices to date. With modern adaptations created, postnatal service providers are able to safely prepare home-based herbal sauna treatments for mums in confinement.
Herbal sauna treatments would include the usage of traditional herbal concoctions which helps to;
1. Detoxifies the body
2. Increases blood circulation
3. Reduces muscle and joint pain
4. Improves cardiovascular (heart) health and skin problems
5. Promotes relaxation and accelerates slimming process
Also known as vaginal steaming, Tangas uses steam and a mixture of traditional herbs to help detoxify and contract the uterus. The steam also opens up skin pores to enhance the absorption of herbal essences, effectively speeding up the perineal wound healing and restoring uterine health rapidly. This treatment is normally provided in the final phase of the 44 days confinement period.
1. Strengthens the pelvic floor muscles
2. Restores uterine health
3. Removes unpleasant odours
4. Decreases vaginal stress
Lulur Herba comes in various types of body scrubs based on its main ingredients and purposes, such as milk scrub, herbal scrub, aromatherapy scrub, pandan scrub and many more.
A diverse range of natural ingredients such as Kaempferia Galangal, tamarind, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, honey, white glutinous rice, chamomile, ylang-ylang, milk, pandan leaves, green tea and even Jicama are often used to create a herbal scrub. The scrub is gently massaged onto the skin in circular motions and left to rest for 10 minutes before washing the scrub off. This herbal scrub should only be applied twice a week for best results.
1. Exfoliates dead skin cells and impurities
2. Smoothens, brightens and moisturises the skin
3. Improves blood circulation for healthy and glowing skin
4. De-stresses the mind and relaxes the muscles
Bengkung (a.k.a. Belly-binding) is a common ritual of wrapping the hips, belly, and torso of postpartum women tightly with a long piece of fabric. It has been proven to encourage faster recuperation of the postnatal body and brings attention to the womb during the postpartum period.
1. Faster healing for the uterus and pelvic organs
2. Prevents back aches and maintain better posture
3. Improves blood circulation
4. Reduce excess water retention and fat storage
These are unique body spreads that serve as a warming agent and are commonly made from natural ingredients such as rice flour, betel lime, cinnamon, turmeric, mint leaves, Cananga, ginger, sandalwood, etc.
This treatment is applied on certain parts of the postnatal body: the whole body excluding the belly and chest (Param), the forehead (Pilis), and the belly before Bengkung is applied (Tapel).
1. Reduces swelling
2. Prevents bloating
4. Relieves aches and fatigue
5. Promotes fat-burning
6. Reduces stretch marks
A nourishing treatment made from a concoction of boiled herbs, roots, flowers and spices mixed with water to rejuvenate and freshen the body.
1. De-stress the mind
2. Relax the muscles
3. Smoothens the skin
4. Remove unpleasant odour
5. Improves circulation
Traditional hot stone compress that is cloth-wrapped in herbs and leaves, which is used to knead the mum’s pressure points and abdomen.
1. Remove any residual blood clots in the uterus (womb)
2. Helps the body return to its pre-pregnancy state
An extension of the traditional postnatal massage, this treatment helps target lactation acupressure points, activates your mammary glands and releases oxytocin.
1. Boost breast milk production and flow
2. Helps to uplift mood